TRUE GRIT


GENRE:  Western/ Drama/ Adventure
MADE:  2010
CAST:  Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, Hailee Steinfeld, Josh Brolin, Barry Pepper
DIRECTOR:  Ethan Coen, Joel Coen
WRITER:  Joen Coel, Ethan Coen, Charles Portis

PLOT:  A re-make of a 1969 film and based of the novel by Charles Portis, a story of a young girls adventure to avenge her father's death by teaming up with two marshals and hunting down Tom Chaney, the infamous murderer.

PARALLEL UNIVERSE:  3:10 To Yuma, Tombstone, The Quick And The Dead




SCORE:

NOTE:  A few people raved about this new film still in theaters so I went to go have a watch for myself.  What I saw was a genuinely good western, there was not much action and a lot more drama which seems to be the norm amongst western films.  As you already know Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon both play major roles in "True Grit" and portrayed their part very well as did new-comer in the film industry, Hailee Steinfeld.  The costumes and make-up were done superbly, but I was most taken with was the dialogue which I could only describe as being the most realistic western verbiage I have ever heard.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...