THE RUNAWAYS


GENRE:  Biographical/ Drama/ Music
MADE:  2010
CAST:  Kristen Stewart, Dakota Fanning, Michael Shannon
DIRECTOR:  Floria Sigismondi
WRITER:  Floria Sigismondi, Cherie Currie

PLOT:  A look into the lives of Joan Jett & Cherie Currie in the 1970's from how the band The Runaways began to how it all ended.

PARALLEL UNIVERSE:  Factory Girl, Gia, The Doors, I'm Not There




SCORE:

NOTE:  I guess I didn't feel the need to watch "The Runaways" in theaters and so waited until it came out on Instant Watch on my Netflix.  I watched it the other night and was surprised to see that it only got 2.5 starts out of 5, I think I would have at least given it a 3.  Rising stars such as Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart are always fun to watch and though the acting wasn't supreme on their part it was still entertaining as was learning of the history of The Runaways and the music?.... Not too bad.  The movie is far from being the film biographical of the Doors, "Doors" but it was still entertaining enough that I can say "it was okay and I enjoyed it".



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...