I'M STILL HERE


GENRE:  DRAMA
MADE:  2010
CAST:  Joaquin Phoenix, Antony Langdon, Carey Perloff
DIRECTOR:  Casey Affleck
WRITER:  Casey Affleck, Joaquin Phoenix

PLOT:  A film in documentary form regarding the transition of Joaquin Phoenix's move from film to music.

PARALLEL UNIVERSE:  Walk The Line, I'm Not There, Factory Girl


SCORE:

NOTE:  The film "I'm Still Here" though categorized under one of the genres, comedy, is not the least bit funny.  The film is instead intense and sad as it shows Joaquin Phoenix's downward spiral in both his film and music career.  And as its never pleasant to watch a character you hate the film was a bit hard to sit through since Joaquin Phoenix was not a likable character in any way, shape or form.  I do have to say though, the film danced around the subject "being perceived" beautifully and was done in what I think was an original way, a documentary-like film of a star.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...